SIG on Content
Guarino and Martin
This SIG is part of the OntoWeb
project. The aim of this SIG is to bring OntoWeb members together in order
- Coordinate cooperation, communication and participation in/with
current initiatives related to ontology-based content standardization and
content harmonization across different standards.
- Develop a framework for characterizing and comparing content
standardization efforts, focusing on the common aspects and on the potential
benefits coming from content harmonisation work.
- Isolate a representative sample of content standardization
initiatives in strategic areas, and work with them towards well-defined
ontology-based harmonization goals.
- Promote the research on foundational aspects of ontology
development, especially for what concerns the study of core ontological
- Forge additional links with other projects and with industry.
- Disseminate the results of content standardisation efforts, and
stimulate the transfer of research on ontology development from academia to
This is one of the OntoWeb SIGs
Back to the Ontoweb Page
Back to the LADSEB
Ontology group page
Back to the ISL Web Page at ICS - FORTH