How to get to Heraklion, Crete
- By air: The airport Nikos Kazantzakis (airport Code: HER) is the only one in Heraklion. Heraklion has about 5 direct flights per day from Athens (ATH) and 2 direct flights per day from Thessaloniki (SKG). During the summer months, there may also be frequent charter flights from many major European cities. Taxi service is provided just outside the airport. There are also a number of car rental companies located in the airport.
- By sea: Heraklion harbour is located close to the city. There are two major shipping companies on the line: Athens-Heraklion. Minoan lines and ANEK lines provide daily service from and towards Crete. There are taxis available as well as buses near the harbour. If you would like to rent a car, you will find a number of rental agencies in the city centre (20 minutes walk or 2 minutes by taxi).
- By taxi: The most convenient method to get to the conference hotel/venue from all locations (airport/harbour/city centre) is to use a taxi. The ride to Aldemar Knossos Royal Village is about 30 minutes and should cost approximately 35 Euros depending on traffic.
- By car: From the airport/harbour/city centre area, proceed to the highway (follow signs to the National Road). On the highway, head East and follow the signs to Agios Nikolaos and/or Hersonissos.
- Use this map to get from the highway to the appropriate exit for Hersonissos.
- At the exit use this map to get to the sideroad that leads to the hotel.
- Use this map to get to the hotel using the sideroad.
- By bus: Go to the bus station, which is located very close to the harbour. Take the bus to Hersonissos. Buses run every 30mins between 06:30-23:00. The fare is about 2.5 Euros. The ride is about 45 mins. Once you arrive in Hersonissos, you must take a taxi to the hotel/conference venue.
Aerial Photographs and Maps