Proposals are solicited for short courses and tutorials to be organized in conjunction with the 11th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), which will be held in Heraklion, Greece from September 5 to September 11, 2010. Short courses and tutorials are usually half-day with the option of full day courses for wider scope themes and will be held at the same venue as the conference on September 5th, 2010. They should complement and enhance the scientific programme of ECCV by providing authoritative and comprehensive overviews of growing themes that are of sufficient relevance with respect to the state-of-the-art and the conference topics. Courses should primarily target graduate students and young researchers, thus having an educational character rather than just surveying existing techniques.
Proposals should be submitted in electronic form (plain text, PostScript, or PDF) by email to the tutorials organizer, Manolis Lourakis (lourakis at ics.forth.gr) before April 15th, 2010. Decisions will be communicated to the proposers by June 1st, 2010.
Each proposal should include:
- Proposer's name, affiliation, address, email, and short bio-sketch
- Names of lecturers and short bio-sketches
- Course description in syllabus-like form
- Justification of the usefulness of the course for the vision community
- Relationship to previous short courses/tutorials
- Relevant publications of the proposer(s) with respect to the topic
- Desired course length (half day/full day) & estimated attendance
- Special equipment requirements
- Indication of whether PDF slides will be available for inclusion in a conference CD-ROM
- Intention of setting up a course web page that will include slides