[Please read this page completely and carefully]
The submission deadline for final manuscripts and copyright forms is 1 July 2010. The ECCV 2010 proceedings will be published by Springer, in the LNCS series (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volumes 6311- 6316).
In the following, instructions for submitting final manuscripts (camera-ready) are given.
The original paper submission instructions and author kit are still accessible, for archival reasons and for use as author kit for some
workshops (cf. instructions for individual workshops).
The author kit for final manuscripts is different from that for initial submissions (essentially, it does not produce line numbers on the page margins). Final manuscripts should be prepared using LaTeX2e and this author kit: typeinst.zip
It is possible, but discouraged, to use other systems for the preparation of papers, e.g. MS-Word. Author kits may be found on http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-7-72376-0, under "Proceedings and Other Multiauthor Volumes ...".
Instructions and Policies
Supplemental material: It is possible to provide supplemental material to each paper; this will be accessible together with the paper in the online ECCV proceedings at SpringerLink. Only one supplemental file per paper may be provided. The file size is limited to 15MB. The filename for the supplemental material should be in the form "suppl_XXXX.YYY" where XXXX is the paper ID and YYY is the filename extension.
Paper length: Papers may be up to 14 pages long. We are very glad to announce that due to the financial arrangements with Springer LNCS we are waiving the cost for extra pages in the proceedings. Please ignore the corresponding lines in the registration page which will be removed soon. For the handful of you who already paid the extra page charges, we will contact you individually in the following days.
Important: Springer will edit the provided source files in order to insert running heads etc. and to smooth out any formatting inconsistencies. Hence, do not reduce the paper length e.g. by reducing vertical spaces between paragraphs or the like, as this will be corrected by Springer, possibly resulting in an increase of the paper length. To avoid any problem, please use the author kit recommended above and follow its formatting instructions. This is also valid for bibliographic references: Springer may correct them if they don't follow the required format, possibly resulting in an increase of paper length.
Author names: Please write out author names in full in the paper, i.e. full first and family names.
Color figures: In hardcopies of the proceedings, all figures will be printed in black and white. If you provide color figures, please make sure they are legible in black and white. In the electronic and online version of the proceedings, colored figures will appear in color, at no extra charge.
Copyright forms: One copyright form per paper has to be provided. Please download the template of the form here: copyrigh.pdf. Please fill in the form and sign it (the signature of one author is sufficient). The following two items should be given as:
A scanned version of the copyright form (PDF-format) has to be submitted together with the final paper, see below.
- Title of the Book/Volume/Conference: ECCV 2010
- Volume Editor(s): Kostas Daniilidis, Petros Maragos, Nikos Paragios
How to submit final papers: We need all the source files (LaTeX files, style files, special fonts, figures, bib-files, Word or RTF files) that are required to compile papers, as well as the final PDF of every paper. For each paper, one ZIP-file has to be prepared and submitted via the ECCV 2010 Submission Website, using the password you received with your initial registration on that site. Due to constraints related to CMT, the size of the ZIP-file may not exceed the limit of 30 MB. The ZIP-file has to contain the following:
Important: Please note that there are two file size limits: One of 30MB for the ZIP file
you upload to CMT, and one of 15 MB for the included supplemental
- All source files, e.g. LaTeX2e files for the text, PS/EPS or PDF/JPG files for all figures.
- Any further style files and fonts you may have used.
- Final PDF file (for reference), for whichever system was used to prepare the paper (i.e. also for MS-Word).
- RTF files (for word-processing systems other than LaTeX/TeX).
- Supplemental material file (if any) with the specifications and the naming convention described earlier.
- A scanned version of the signed copyright form, in PDF-format (see above).
- A text file named "contact.txt" containing the following information, in that order:
- Name and email address of a corresponding author (author who will be contacted for proof-reading, see below).
- For each author, in the order in which authors appear on the paper: Full family name(s), full first name(s), email address, affiliation (name of institute as it should appear in the conference programme, not the full address). Please separate these 4 items by ",".
Proof-reading: The corresponding author (see above) of each paper will receive a PDF version of the paper by email, after the editing process performed by Springer. The email will come from an email address in India and will have an attachment (the PDF-file), so authors should make sure that such emails are not automatically filtered out.
The purpose of this extra loop is to ensure that no errors have crept in during the editing process. No updates to the papers or mistakes made by the authors will be accepted at that stage.
Proofs are expected to be sent to authors in the second half of July 2010. Please ensure that the corresponding author is available in this period. The proof-reading procedure takes place directly between Springer and authors, i.e. without involvement of the ECCV 2010 organisation committee.
- Submit one ZIP-file per paper, containing the paper source files, the signed copyright form, supplemental file and contact information, to the ECCV 2010 Submission Website. Deadline: 1 July 2010.
- At least one author per paper has to register for the conference; no extra-page charges have to be paid. Deadline: 1 July 2010.
- Proof-reading: Second half of July 2010.